Friday, December 14, 2012

Section VII



This section of the textbook addresses new directions and emerging technologies for IDT. For your final post, reflect on how you might apply each of the following in your current or future position in the IDT field:

1.       distributed or e-learning environments
After this semester, I have learned how to use the internet resources to in charge of communication with classmates and I am enjoying in using technology in my life. And I can also use it in my study life, just now I finished my mathematics course online and I am impressed that computer is doing all the complicated operations instead of me. I wish I could use it in my future teaching career.

2.       reusable design or learning objects
I did not find it on my book, it is 2nd version, but I can tell from the question that design is reusable means it has that value can make people keep using it. Actually, it is really hard to get it, since time changes, we cannot stand where we were born. We have to take a move, by using technology we can have a better life.

3.       rich media
Since we have internet, it is easier for us to find stuff on it. But how to use it properly is a new question. I understand that there are students do not focus on the board, they may think it is boring and useless. Then we can try some new media to pass the information to them, some interesting way and efficient way. As I know, there are podcast, tweeters, or even facebook, these all could be our tools to spread our knowledge.

4.       emerging instructional technologies, such as artificial intelligence, cybernetics, Web 2.0, virtual worlds, electronic games, etc.
I have been a student for more than 18 years, which is a shock for me even. And as a student, I have to admit that I am kind of done with learning in the traditional way. Now, I am interested in some online math games, which are interesting and appealing. I would like to say that technology changes our life and we should learn how to use it in a proper way.

In the last, I have some words to say. Thank you all to comment on my blogs, I have never thought that there is someone will read me blog and leave a comment like you. Thank you all to make me better. I am really honored to be a member of this class. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment